Update on August 25,2022.
How to read the Protection State on the new version Bluetooth app.
The BMS protects the battery's cells from potentially damaging situations like short circuit, over or under voltage, and discharging or charging during extreme temperatures. The SOK Bluetooth app now indicates what caused the battery to go into protection mode. To see this information please do the following:
Click the … on the top right of the main screen page, and click the Protection State.
State of Charge
• COV, charge cell over voltage, means any of the battery cells voltage is over 3.7V, it would cut off.
• FC, fully charged, if 4 battery cells voltage is over 14.6V, it would cut off.
• SOCC, charge current over rated.
• OTC: Battery cells temperature too high, if the battery cells' temperature goes over 55°C when charging, it would cut off.
• UTC: Battery cells temperature too low, if the battery cells' temperature goes below 0°C when charging, it would cut off.
• BOTC: BMS temperature too high when charging, if the BMS board temperature goes over 95C, it would cut off
State of Discharge
• CUV: Cell Under Voltage, if any of the battery cells voltage goes below 2.5V, it would cut off.
• FD: Full Discharge, if battery voltage goes below 10V, BMS would cut off.
• SOCD: discharge current over rated value, if discharge current goes over 120amps, BMS would cut off.
• OTD :Battery cells temperature too high, if the battery cells' temperature goes over 75°C when discharging, it would cut off.
• UTD: Battery cells temperature too low, if the battery cells' temperature goes below -20°C when discharging, it would cut off.
• BOTD: BMS temperature too high when discharging, if the BMS board's temperature goes over 95°C, it would cut off.
State of Hardware:
• SCD: Short-circuit protection
• OCD: Over current Rated
• UVP: Discharge secondary protection
• OVP: Charge secondary protection
Update: How to do cycles when you receive the bluetooth battery?
When you receive the SOK bluetooth battery, please search ABC-BMS on google or apple store and install on your phone, but the SOC and capacity incorrect, have to do 2 cycles.
Few steps to do this:
1. Check the voltage on the terminal, it should be 10V~14V
2. discharge it, using a 12v DC load connect with terminals directly, let it working till it stop, after fully discharge, the BMS should be cut off, the Voltage on the terminals should be 0V.
3. Wake up the battery: connect a lifepo4 battery charger on the terminals, it should be wake up back to work, BUT not all lifepo4 battery charger could wake up the battery, please check this video if wake up not successful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ_Klwp-JyM
4. After you wake up the battery, connect with the lifepo4 battery charger, let it working till BMS cut off.
5. Repeat the step 2, still using a DC 12v load discharge it till cut off.
6. Repeat the step 3, wake up the battery.
7. Charge the Battery , check the app, the SOC and capacity should be correct.
If don’t do the cycles, can I just start using this battery? YES, no any issue.
Few customers had issue on read and set the ABC-BMS app, here is a details to explain.
We set up all the things done and ready to using.
But in some case, you may have to set up.
if you did not connect anything on the battery, the Current Cal should be 0A, if not, you need to do the current calibration. 4 steps: first click the Current Cal, second:put the password 200010, third: put the 0 on the blank. forth:click OK
You will also see the -500A~500A, just click Cancel.
C MOS means charge mos, normally it's green, but if it turns on grey, it means the battery get charged protection, or fully charged, leave it alone, no any issue to using, just reminding that battery in fully.
D MOS means discharge mos, normally it's green, but if it turns on grey, it means the battery get discharged protection, or fully discharged, you need to charge the battery now.
SOC, it shows the capacity of the battery, SOC is initially incorrect when you receive the battery, it takes 2 full charge / discharge cycles(charge/discharge till battery cut off) to reach proper calibration.
please leave your questions below, I would reply asap. Thank you.
ok I have a problem that I can’t find a solution to. My battery is charging, I can see the individual cells are charging but the BMS app shows that I have a 0% state of charge. Any solutions on fixing this? I have two 100ah batteries in parallel , it was working fine and all of a sudden blamo!
been lurking for awhile. We're a solar supply store and SOK battery supplier. We currently have a pallet of SOK 12/206 heated. batteries with over discharged state and it's a long road to get them up and charged again. I just got a new iphone and installed the ABC-BMS app but like everyone else, I use the 200010 pwd but still can't access the parameter settings. sure would be nice if even 1/2 of this app was actually functional. Currently have several batteries which have crazy high cycles and others which are not coming back to life despite all measures as per this forum. As an SOK dealer, we dont even get help directly from them. Frustrating.
Explain cycle time, I have 2,206 AH batteries one has 6 and one has 3500 cycle time the batteries are 7 months old